PDX Positionality Training– Oct 22 and 24
Join us October 22nd or 24th for our
Positionality Training: Working Across Difference
This training is for community members to consider:
- How can I examine the complexity of my own identity and how it relates to race, class, power, gender, and privilege?
- How do I perceive others and how am I perceived when entering a community? How does this affect my work?
- How do I authentically recognize differences and build on similarities with others?
- How can I connect meaningfully and contribute to community-led work?
Together we’ll share different perspectives and stories, building connections across differences and similarities.
We’re offering the same training at two different times and locations in order to better accommodate your schedules.
What: Positionality Training: Working Across Difference
When and Where:
1) Thursday, October 22, 5:30-8:30pm at Zenger Farm* @11741 SE Foster
2) Saturday, October 24, 9-noon at PNCA @511 NW Broadway
Cost: $5-$20 sliding scale. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. We accept cash day of, or you can pay via credit card on PARCEO’s Razoo site.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 15th
*Childcare and translation will be provided for the Thursday session if you let us know by Oct 15th.
We’re excited to have you join us! Feel free to reach out with any questions or ideas between now and then.